Sunday, March 13, 2011

So Hard to Say Goodbye!

I, like most people, hate saying goodbyes.  Today was no difference.  Today was the day that I had dread for the past 11 days. 
Me and my husband normally only get two days/nights together.  J gets in on Fridays (normally late) and leaves around 6 on Sundays.  About 48 hours is all we get at one time.  While it isn't ideal, it is what we have to do right now since I am still in school and he is in the military.  In the beginning, it was always hard to say goodbye to him.  I always cried and would remain in tears for hours after.  As time has pasted, it hasn't gotten any easier to say goodbye, but it has become part of our routine.  He leaves on Sunday and comes back down on Friday.  Week after week, this is how our lives function now days.  I'm not going to say I don't have weekends when I cry and where I get down about it, but over the past year, I have learned to deal with it.
Today, however, was completely different.  J and I had spent the past 11 days together.  11 days.  We haven't had this much time together at one period since we got married.  It was absolutely wonderful!!  I couldn't have asked for a better time!  It was so nice to get to spend time in our apartment together and go to bed at 9:00 and watch tv.  But today, reality hit.  This had to come to an end and today J had to go back to base.  All day, I was in tears.  We decided we would just have a lazy day, and spend most of the time curled up watching basketball and movies.  And then the dreaded time came.  He had to leave.  As much as I don't like it, it had to happen.  So reality has officially set back in.  J has left and I am getting ready to go back to class tomorrow.  I had a hard time today, and to make it even worse, J is going on a training thing and won't be back in until April 1st.  Oh, time....you better pass quickly. 



Why do goodbyes always have to be so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment